Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Borobudur, Yogyakarta, Java


The day after we went to Pranbanan (July 2008) , we visited the famous 10th century Buddhist temple site of Borobuduer near Yogyakarta. It is so big, I could not fit it into my lens view - not having a wide angle lens.



Ketut looks up the steps


'Tut sits on the steps waiting for me. We arrived shortly after sunrise.


Just a few of the many. many stupas. Under each is a statue of Buddha.


Peeking through to Buddha


Buddha uncapped


These Japanese tourists were pushing everyone out of the way, yelling at people to get out of their frames and climbing all over the statuary - throughout the temple! I began giggling uncontrollably, the British woman next to me followed suit and 'Tut tried to shush us to no avail.


One of my favorite views






'Tut

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Amazing photos and reviews!

My name is Sian and I am the community manager for a website called trivago and I was wondering if you would be interested in adding your own personal reviews about places you have visited on trivago.co.uk. trivago is a small community and I am looking for people with a lot of travel experiences to help other people plan their trips and holidays abroad.

Let me know whether you would like some more information about trivago, you also receive money for every review that you write.

Sian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home